Monday, April 28, 2008

Two-Line Tuesday

1. The early summer sky was the color of cat vomit. Of course,Tally thought, you'd have to feed your cat only salmon colored cat food for a while, to get the pinks right.

This is from Uglies by Scott Westerfeld.

From one of my works in progress that has been put on hold.

With his tongue, Eric Torsten nudged the jagged edge of his tooth. He stared down at the broken piece in his hand and thought of how proud his father would have been, had he been alive to see it.

I also wanted to say thanks for all the great comments. It feels good to know that people are reading my blogs. And Thanks to Travis Erwin for directed so many people my way!

4 comments:

Terrie Farley Moran said...

Terrific lines.

I linked to this post on www.womenofmystery.net

Come say hello.

Terrie

Laura K. Curtis said...

Welcome to Two Sentence Tuesday...love the contribution! Immediately made me think the speaker broke his tooth playing some kind of sport (probably because I am watching baseball at the moment).

Travis Erwin said...

Great lines both yours and the ones your read.

Chris Eldin said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

And what's a blarney stone?
:-)