Monday, June 30, 2008

Back from the River

Back from the River and we had a blast. It was a completely different experience than Colorado, where the water was moving at 4000 cfs (thats what the something or others is: Cubic feet per second) at Huaco Springs it was moving at 200 cfs. It took us 5 hours to float a small part of the river and I was loving it. I think I fell asleep during part of it. But it was so relaxing. And in Colorado we stayed in a hotel, but we actually camped out this weekend, which I loved It's not exactly the most clean thing in the world but there is just something about washing your hair in the river....

But now we're back home and life unfortunately didn't slow down for us at all. (Life, I've found, often has no sympathy for us!) All work and no play makes Karin a very dull girl. But I think I'm going to have to start waking up at 4am. That way I can get some writing done while every one else is asleep...

Its only sleep right? who needs that?

2 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Sleep is an unnecessary diversion for a writer. We'll get all the sleep we need when we are dead.

Crystal Phares said...

Seriously, why would we want to sleep. There are really interesting things that happen in darkness, especially right around 3am.