Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Two Line Tuesday

I snuck a few extra lines in, but they were too good to pass up. From Outlander, by Diana Gabaldon:

"Murtagh was right about women. Sassenach,I risked my life for ye, committing theft, arson, assault, and murder into the bargain. In return for which ye call me names, insult my manhood, kick me in the ballacks and claw my face. Then I beat you half to death and tell ye all the most humiliating things have ever happened to me, and you say ye love me." He laid his head on his knees and laughed some more. Finally, he rose and held out a hand to me, wiping his eyes with the other.

"You're no verra sensible, Sassenach, but I like ye fine. Let's go."


Sassenach, meaning Outlander, is a term used by the Scottish to refer to the British. If I understand correctly its not exactly a term used in polite company. I like how Jamie uses it as an endearment.

And my two lines:

A sudden sense of urgency woke me much faster than the light in my face and I stood quickly, throwing my book to the ground.
I heard the clatter of the gun hitting the rotted boards of the porch and tried not to look so scared.


Don't forget to check out more lines at women of mystery!

4 comments:

Laura K. Curtis said...

Oooooh, guns and books! Two of my favorite things! Not so fond of fear, though.

Crystal Phares said...

Awesome. Love your lines!

Clare2e said...

I like 'em, too, and want to know what's next!

Travis Erwin said...

I agree with Laura. Two of my favorite things.