Sunday, April 29, 2012

Tabula Rasa

I wrote tonight.

Something that I didn't have to turn in for class.

IT WAS AWESOME!!!

I love feeling this way. Why did I ever let other things get in the way of this feeling?

Not only did I write tonight, but I also went back and read something that I had written a few months ago to try to get my bearings. See where I was at... and I felt myself getting sucked in to the story. I couldn't stop reading it. Not because I was trying to see how many things were wrong with it or how much I was going to have to correct later.

I got sucked into the chapter I had written because it was...it was... it was GOOD!

I've made it a point to try to make mondays about motivation. (Good way to start the week,eh?) And there is nothing like reading something that you've written to remind you why you write in the first place.

So this weeks motivation is all about Tabula Rasa.

I'm adding the definition for those of you who do not know (And YES, because I'm just THAT nerdy!)

1
: the mind in its hypothetical primary blank or empty state before receiving outside impressions
2
: something existing in its original pristine state

Origin of TABULA RASA

Latin, smoothed or erased tablet
First Known Use: 1535


I'm thankful that each new day is a brand new "clean slate." I don't have to dwell on the mistakes and failures of the past, but instead can look forward to new growth and new oppurtunities...new ways to fail miserably and new ways to suceed exponentially!

Let tomorrow be the start of a grand new adventure!


No comments: