Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday Twosome

I'm reading Diana Gabaldon's Drums of Autumn. This series is taken me forever to read, I do realize. But to be fair, its not because its boring. I love the books or I wouldn't be reading them a second time. But each book is over 1,000 pages long, and they are not "easy" reads. Plus I've slipped a few other books, including school, a few nonfiction, and I read the hunger games series over a course of 4 days.

Anyway, here are the two lines from Drums of Autumn:

She's said she was sure.

Roger lay in the dust of the road, bruised, filthy, and starving, with a womantrembling and weepingagainst his chest, now and then giving him a smallthump with her fist. He had never felt happier in his life.

I sadly have not written anything this week. I am playing with the idea of entering a contest for a short story that I've kept hidden away. No one's read it but me. I love the story but it needs a little bit of work. But we shall see.

I'm not posting on there today since I didn't have lines to contribute, but head over to http://womenofmystery.net for more Tuesday Twosomes....

No comments: